What is stress management?
(Advantages and disadvantages of stress management )Stress management can be defined as a wide spectrum of psychotherapy techniques. The purpose of these techniques is to maintain a person’s mental and physical health. Nowadays, stress has become common, causing physical health issues and depression. In such a scenario, stress management has become important. The process of stress management helps individuals to live healthy and happy life.
Different ways of stress management
( Advantages and disadvantages of stress management )Stress can be managed by adopting the following ways:
- Regular exercise helps a lot in reducing stress. It reduces stress by increasing blood circulation and balancing the nervous system. Similarly meditation and yoga are also of significance.
- One should take proper sleep to avoid stress.
- Taking rest from a hectic working routine is also a stress management technique. One should take vacations and go on tour for stable mental health.
- Bonding with a pet also helps in reducing stress.
- The adoption of the principle of 4 As is also helpful in stress management. Four As are Avoid, Alter, Accept and Adopt.
- Eating healthy food is also a way to manage stress
- Work-life balance also provides relief from stress
- Adopting a healthy and creative hobby is also a way to cope with stress
- Regular visit to a physical health trainer and therapists is also good to avoid stress
- Sports also help individuals to get rid of stress.
Advantages of stress management
Stress management is of huge significance as far as physical fitness and stable mental health are concerned. There are many advantages of stress management as follows
- Stress management helps one in living a healthy and stable life. By adopting stress management techniques, individuals remain safe from many diseases including heart diseases, gastrointestinal diseases and problems of blood pressure.
- Stress management practices also increase the work yield of individuals. When a person is free of stress. He can do his work with more focus and with higher efficiency.
- Stress management also results in emotional stability. Stress causes anger, frustration and aggression in individuals. With the help of stress management practices, one remains happy and mentally comfortable. For example, by doing exercise dopamine hormones are released in the body. These hormones help in reducing stress and soothes the body.
- Stress management practices also play a role in maintaining a healthy body weight. Body fitness also increases as exercises help in strengthening body muscles and make them flexible.
- Sleeping problems can also be overcome by adopting stress management practices.
Disadvantages of stress management
Simply, there are not any disadvantages of stress management. It helps in maintaining physical and mental health. But sometimes individuals become highly concerned about the effects of stress. The stress management techniques induce more stress among them. In this way, stress results in obsessive-compulsive disorder among individuals. This, in turn, results in an increase in anxiety and depression. This is how stress management can impact individuals negatively.
The bottom line ( Advantages and disadvantages of stress management )
In a nutshell, stress management is important not only for avoiding stress but also for physical fitness. But high-stress concerns should be avoided as the excess of everything is bad.