Green tea was originated in China. In the olden days during the Mongol empire, it was available only for people of royal families. Other people could not consume it and if they did they were murdered for this sin. But now green tea is available everywhere. Green tea is formed from the Camellia sinensis plant. Dried leaves of this plant are used as a tea. Green tea is prepared by steaming tea leaves in hot boiling water. This tea is now available in different flavors like apple and peach. This tea has different contents that have their own properties and benefits like catechins, caffeine, vitamins, folic acids, and minerals.
Green Tea has benefits:
- It decreases blood cholesterol.
- It helps in the prevention of bad breath.
- It helps in the prevention of cancer. It reduces the chances of cancer up to 20 to 25% if you consume green tea regularly.
- It reduces body fat. It helps in controlling belly fat. Caffeine in this tea is also helpful in weight loss.
- This tea proves to be antioxidant.
- It lowers high blood pressure.
- It prevents tooth decay.
- It helps to recover from influenza.
- It lowers high levels of sugar or glucose in the blood called hyperglycemia. People who consume green tea regularly have 32% fewer chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Caffeine present in green tea increases mental alertness.
- It decreases tiredness and drowsiness.
- It has little bit diuretic properties ie producing more urine.
- It increases stamina.
- It reduces the effects of consuming too much alcohol.
- Theanine present in green tea is mainly responsible for relaxation effects.
- Vitamins present in green tea make skin healthy and glowing and produce collagen in the skin. It acts as an anti-aging element.
- It also has folic acid which prevents thickening and hardening walls of the arteries.
- It also helps in digestion.
- It prevents heart attack and other heart-related diseases.
- Since it has a detoxification effect so it helps in improving the health of the liver.
- It reduces the chances to develop Parkinson’s disease.
- It prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is also helpful in curing osteoporosis in which bones of women become weak in the process of aging.
- It is also helpful in increasing fertility. It increases pregnancy rates in those women who can’t conceive normally.
- It has the capability to cure leukemia which is a type of cancer that affects blood and bone marrow.
- It also helps in fighting against pneumonia.
- Used tea bags are also used by applying it on the skin to avoid sunburn. These tea bags are also used on eyes to comfort tired, puffy, and swollen eyes.
- It is used as an ointment to cure genital warts.
- This tea applied on the skin for up to 8 weeks can reduce acne.
- Consuming 4 cups a day can reduce depression by up to 44% to 51%.
- Study shows that people who consume 3 cups of green tea in a day have a lower risk of developing stroke compared to those who don’t drink green tea or take only one cup.
4 thoughts on “Benefits of Green Tea”
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
cialis buy cialis with american express where to find cheap cialis