( Can I take zinc and probiotics together) Both zinc and probiotics are an important part of the human body. They are essential for the proper functioning of the body. Therefore, zinc can be taken along with probiotics.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are living organisms present in different body parts. They are especially present in the lungs and guts. They are in the form of bacteria and yeast. They keep the body healthy by providing immunity against harmful microorganisms, healthy functioning of the guts, and proper breakdown of minerals and vitamins.
What is zinc?
Zinc is a mineral. It is the second most abundant mineral present in the human body. Zinc is present in various foods including meat, vegetables, dairy products, pulses, nuts, and cereals.
Significance of zinc
Zinc is an important mineral for the healthy function of the body. Following are the benefits of zinc for the body.
- It involves various enzymatic functions.
- It also boosts the immunity of the body.
- Zinc also boosts the functioning of the brain.
- It helps in the absorption and release of vitamin A from the liver.
- It also plays an important role in DNA synthesis and cell division.
- Zinc is an antioxidant, thereby protecting the body from oxidative stress.
- It also helps in producing collagen in the body. Collagen is an important component for the tightening of tissues and the strength of bones and muscles.
- It also helps in repairing skin.
- Zinc also has anti-inflammation properties
- The role of zinc is also important for fertility, normal growth during pregnancy, and the development of infants.
Can I take zinc and probiotics together ?
Probiotics help protect the body from harmful microorganisms. They also play a significant role in the digestion of food. On the other hand, zinc also strengthens immunity along with accelerating the absorption of nutrients in the blood. In this way, the functions of probiotics and zinc in the body complement each other. Both together help in promoting and balancing health.
What are the benefits of taking zinc and probiotics together?
There are several benefits of a diet that include both zinc and probiotics.
- Zinc and probiotics together are healthy for the digestive system. They keep guts healthy and help in the proper digestion of food. They also reduce guts problems like constipation and gastric issues.
- Zinc and probiotics defend the immunity of the body. They also keep the immune system active.
- That also keeps the respiratory system healthy. They also support the mucosal immune response for protecting the respiratory system.
- They also support microflora in the guts for keeping gastrointestinal lining integrity.
Zinc and probiotics are present in various food. One can also take them in the form of supplements when needed.
The bottom line (Can I take zinc and probiotics together)
To cover it all, zinc can be taken along with probiotics. Both zinc and probiotics are highly beneficial for health. The functions of both complement each other. One should take a diet that is rich in zinc and probiotics. In case of deficiency of any one of them, their supplements are needed to be taken for the proper functioning of the body.