HIIT workout means higher intensity interval training. Let’s discuss this method. We often think that if we want to be fit then we have to spend hours in the gym and due to this concept people cant try to be fit and reduce their weight. HIIT workout is for those people who don’t have much time to go to the gym. It is a combination of high intensity and low-intensity workout. During this workout, we first do high-intensity workout and then we reach its low level. For example if we do one minute running then we have to do 2 minutes walk. Then again we do 1-minute running and then 2 minutes walk and we repeat this process.The duration of this workout is 10 to 30 minutes.
Its benefits are double than normal gym exercises. It can be done everywhere where to want to do it. During hyperintensity workout, you can burn extra calories faster than you do with normal exercise. EPOC (excess post-workout oxygen consumption)
is our that period in which our body burns extra calories after exercise. Our body needs time to restore after exercise and this time in which body burns calories is EPOC. If we do HIIT work out then not only we burn 50% more calories but also our body burns calories during the whole day ie 24 hours. It means our EPOC prolongs for the whole day.
Benefits of HIIT workout:
- It strengthens our metabolism.
- We reduce fats during HIIT workout but there is no muscle loss. This is a big problem in normal exercises in which we also lose our muscles with calories. For example, if we do cardio for hours then there will be muscle loss with weight loss. Studies show that if we do 3 days in a week HIIT workout then we can reduce body fat up to 2 kilograms. Not only this but also 17 percent fats around our organs like fatty liver can be reduced through HIIT workout.
- It lowers the blood sugar levels in our bodies. It effectively reduces our insulin resistance level than normal exercises. This workout is very important for type 2 diabetic people.
- Often we feel suffocation or irregular heartbeat when we run faster. This is called an anaerobic zone. When we do normal exercises in the gym or weight training or cardio then we don’t touch this zone. Since Hiit training in high-intensity training so we enter that zone. During this process, blood is pumped in our blood vessels and if have some blockage in our vessels then heart pumping reduces it. It improves or heart rate.
- IT also normalizes our blood pressure.
You can do this exercise at any place where you want to do it. You don’t need a gym. No equipment is needed. If you have 5 HIIT exercises and you don’t like any of these exercises then you can replace it with any other of them.
It is less time consuming than other exercises. You can do these exercises from 10 to 30 minutes.
During this 30 minutes time period, you have to spend 5 minutes to warm up your body. Next 20 minutes do HIIT workout and then during the last 5 minutes, cool down your body.
Lets discuss a simple HIIT workout plan.
- First, you start 5 minutes of warmup exercises.
- Then do push ups up to 15 seconds and then take 10 seconds rest.
- After that start 15 seconds Burpees and then rest your body up to 20 seconds.
- After that start jumping jacks for 15 seconds and then rest your body for 30 seconds.
- After doing all the above steps start jumping squats for about 15 seconds and then rest your body for 40 seconds.
- In the last do 15 seconds sit-ups and then rest your body for about 50 seconds. and then cool down your body.
After doing these simple exercises you can increase your HIIT workout intervals from 15 seconds to 20 or more seconds in the next days. Increase high-intensity intervals this way.
1 thought on “HIIT”